International Festival 2018
Friday, October 26, 2018
Celebrating Our World
|WHO:||Carrollwood Day School|
In the morning we celebrate with performances and exhibits that represent the rich diversity of cultural heritage in our school and community. The celebration continues into the afternoon with a carnival featuring games from around the world. Flik will be providing lunch and Cold Stone Creamery will be serving ice cream. (Food tickets must be purchased in advance.)
|WHEN:||Friday, October 26, 2018
|WHERE:||Carrollwood Day School
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
|WHY:||As an authorized IB World School, CDS promotes international and intercultural awareness and understanding. CDS strives to promote unity in cultural diversity by organizing and presenting this schoolwide event to showcase the diverse cultures of people in our community.|
After care will not be available at the ECC or Bearss Avenue Campus.
Share Your Heritage
If you would like to share artifacts that represent your culture for our International Heritage Cultural Exhibit at Carrollwood Day School's International Festival 2018 Cultural Exhibit, please click here to submit information about your items.
11:30 am - 2:30 pm
The all-school carnival in the afternoon will feature games from around the world. This year all carnival games and activities will be FREE! (Students will not receive wristbands.) All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult. There will be something fun for everyone!
* 24 International games * Rock climbing wall with two professional attendants *
* Dual lane slide * Dunk Booth * Face painting * Nail salon * DJ and Emcee *
Welcome to the ECC Pumpkin Patch!
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Outback Lawn - Bearss Avenue Campus
The ECC Faculty invites all ECC families to visit the ECC Pumpkin Patch at the International Festival & Carnival. There will be a fun collection of games and activities designed for our youngest Patriots. All ECC students will have FREE unlimited access to all Pumpkin Patch and Carnival games and activities. ECC families will need to purchase tickets in advance for lunch and ice cream.
New this year! A stage will be set up near the Pumpkin Patch and the ECC classes will be performing at the Carnival.
The preschool classes will sing one fall song each and kindergarten will perform an Australia themed song.
- Toddlers: 1:30 p.m.
- PreK 3: 1:45 p.m.
- PreK 4: 2:00 p.m.
- Kindergarten: 2:15 p.m.
Lunch is Served!
Visit the Flik Food Truck for a family friendly choice of international favorites. Choices include:
- USA: Choice of Hamburger, Hot Dog or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, chips & bottled water
- Italy: Cheese Pizza, chips & bottled water
- Mexico: Chicken Tacos, chips & bottled water
- Greece: Greek Salad & bottled water
Cold Stone Creamery will also be serving their world-famous ice cream!
Flik and Cold Stone will accept tickets only for purchases.
- Lunch and ice cream tickets will be distributed to elementary students in their classrooms on Friday morning, October 26.
- All ECC lunch and ice cream tickets can be picked up at the Welcome Table by the Pumpkin Patch.
- MS and US lunch and ice cream tickets will be available at “Will Call” at the ticket booth during the Carnival.
Tickets will be on sale through Monday, October 22.
- VOLUNTEER! Parents of elementary students are requested to volunteer to help supervise their child's class booth for a half-hour shift. Elementary parents can sign up to volunteer on iVolunteer.
- VOLUNTEER! Middle School students are asked to volunteer to help supervise the special attractions at the Carnival. MS students who volunteer to help out at the Carnival will earn Service as Action hours. MS students can sign up to volunteer on iVolunteer.