Apple ID for Students
As a parent or guardian, you want the best learning environment for your student. One that makes learning relevant for each student and allows for creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking. With an iOS device like iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, students always have access to the content they need—no matter where they are.
Carrollwood Day School requires an Apple device so they can personalize their learning experience. To access all the great content available in the App Store as well as materials they create, your student will need a their own unique Apple ID. With an Apple ID and iCloud, students can also access their notes, calendars, and documents from any device.
Your student will have a personal account with Apple, called an Apple ID. With an Apple ID, your student can:
- Keep iWork documents up to date between home and school devices
- Keep personal content, such as contacts, calendars, documents, and photos up to date on their iOS devices and Mac.
- Back up iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch automatically.
- Use Find My iPhone to locate a lost or stolen iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
All students will need their own Apple ID, they cannot share with a parent or sibling.
If your child already has their own Apple ID and you give consent for them to use it at Carrollwood Day School, they do not need to create a new Apple ID. Please verify with your child that they know the username and password to access the Apple ID account.
If your child does not have an Apple ID, please follow the steps below to create them an Apple ID through Apple Family Sharing.
Apple ID for Students Under 13
With Family Sharing, you can create Apple IDs for children under 13. Parents will need to setup Family Sharing for their child/student and create them their own unique Apple ID prior to the first day of school.
IMPORTANT - YOUR STUDENT WILL NEED TO KNOW THEIR APPLE ID USERNAME AND PASSWORD.
Apple IDs for students under 13 include the following features:
- Account settings, such as email address and date of birth, cannot be changed.
- No credit card is attached to the account at setup.
- Limit Ad Tracking is turned on for the account to ensure the student does not receive targeted advertising from Apple.
- A parent or guardian can be notified of any significant changes to the terms of the account.
Once your student reaches age 13, the Apple ID converts to a full account with full rights and privileges. Students can continue to access any class work, notes, books, or apps associated with their Apple IDs.
Service and Support
The Apple Support website can help you learn more about Apple products and services. There you can view online manuals, download the latest software, and more. You can also get service, support, and professional advice from Apple. Visit apple.com/support.
* * If your student loses access to their Apple ID account, the password can be reset online via apple.com/support/appleid.
A Great Learning Environment for your Student
Using an Apple ID with your student’s school-provided device provides access to great educational content and automatically keeps their information at their fingertips on all the devices they use. Simple controls in iOS ensure you are able to limit content and features you feel are appropriate for your child while still allowing for an exceptional set of tools to aid in their educational development.