The Athletic Handbook and Athletic Brochure provide helpful information about Carrollwood Day School’s athletic program and the responsibilities and privileges of students who participate in athletics.
Parenting and coaching are both quite rewarding. Both can also be challenging at times. Parents are an integral part of our team community. With that in mind, we offer our Parent/Coach Communication Guide.
All student-athletes are required to have the following forms completed and turned in to MAGNUS HEALTH before their first day of practice in any of the interscholastic athletic programs at Carrollwood Day School.
Forms Required for Athletic Participation
The following forms are required for participation including preseason conditioning and practice and must be renewed each school year. Unless otherwise noted, all forms need to uploaded to Magnus Health. [How to upload to Magnus Health]
- FHSAA Preparticipation Physical Examination [Grades 6 - 12: due annually before practice starts or expiration of previous form - Upload to Magnus Health]
- We cannot accept the Florida School Entry Physical for interscholastic sports for middle school and upper school athletes.
- 4th and 5th grade students in running club and track and field must have a current physical on file (within the last twelve months prior to the start of the season)
- For 4th and 5th grade athletes, a current Florida School Entry Physical is required. This form is provided by your child's physician. [Upload to Magnus Health]
- FHSAA EL3 Consent and Release Form [Grades 6 - 12: due annually at the start of every school year, before student's first day of practice - Upload to Magnus Health]
- CDS Sports Conduct Form [Grades 4 - 12: due annually at the start of every school year, before student's first day of practice - Upload to Magnus Health]
- Athlete Authorization/Consent for Disclosure of Protected Health Information [Grades 6 - 12: due annually at the start of every school year - Electronic signature on Magnus Health online form]
One time only form for NEW 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students who plan to compete in sports:
- FHSAA GA4 Affidavit of Compliance with Policy of Athletic Recruiting – A student who changes attendance to CDS at any time during his/her high school career after having begun the 9th grade in another school must complete this form before the first day of practice. This form must be printed and turned in to the athletic department (not Magnus Health) before the first practice.
Mandatory Sports Injury Prevention Videos
The FHSAA requires all student-athletes in grades 6 - 12 to complete the following before they are eligible to participate in sports. This is now a yearly requirement. There is no fee to order/take these courses:
- "Concussion in Sports – What You Need to Know"
- “Sudden Cardiac Arrest”
- “Heat Illness Prevention”
The completion certificates must be printed and turned in to the athletic department (not Magnus Health) before the first practice. [Grades 6 - 12: due annually at the start of every school year, before student's first day of practice]
To order the course:
Step 1: Go to www.nfhslearn.com.
Step 2: "Sign In” to your account using the e-mail address and password you provided at time of registering for an nfhslearn account - OR - If you do not have an account, “Register” for an account. Students need to have their own account in order for the certificate to have their name on it.
Step 3: Click “Courses” at the top of the page.
Step 4: Scroll down the list of courses to find the course needed.
Step 5: Click “View Course.”
Step 6: Click “Order Course.”
Step 7: Select “Myself” if the course will be completed by you.
Step 8: Click “Continue” and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the checkout process.
To complete the course:
Step 1: Go to www.nfhslearn.com.
Step 2: “Sign In” to your account using the e-mail address and password you provided at time of registering for an nfhslearn account.
Step 3: From your “Dashboard,” click “My Courses.”
Step 4: Click “Begin Course” on the course you wish to take. *Your course will launch on the same page of the web browser.
**Click “Back to Dashboard” when ready to exit course. Be sure to print the certificate of completion at the end of the course as each school’s athletic department is required to keep a copy on file. Turn in your certificate to the athletic department.
Form Required After Head Injury
Student athletes who are referred to their healthcare provider for clearance after a possible sports related concussion need to have this form completed by their provider and returned to the school athletic trainer before returning to practice.
College Bound Student Athletes
Student-athletes who are interested in continuing with their sport at the college level should be aware of the requirements to achieve eligibility through the NCAA. Click here for full information for student-athletes wishing to play at the collegiate level.
Team Doctor - Dr. G. Jason Hunt
G. Jason Hunt, DO, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon renowned for both his nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for athletes at OrthoLinks Orthopedics and Rehabilitation in Tampa, Florida. Attached is new patient paperwork that will need to be completed for any student/athletes referred to Dr. Hunt/OrthoLinks Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.