School Wide Calendar
College Counseling Coffee
Lori Smith is a shareholder in the Orlando law firm of Zimmerman, Kiser and Sutcliffe, where she has practiced law since graduating from the University of Florida School of law in 1995. For the past three years she has been a frequent lecturer around the state on social media usage by teens and tweens, and parents of teens. It’s Lori’s goal to give teens straightforward, timely, real world examples of how social media mistakes can impact their future. Lori also speaks to parents of teens and tweens educating them on the social media habits of teens and the social media violations that can most often impact school enrollment and limit future opportunities.
- Understanding today’s “Digital Native”
- Learn about the most common mistakes teens and tweens make on social media and how it impacts their future.
- Understand the legal implication of social media mistakes
- Learn how to monitor children to avoid school disciplinary issues
- Learn about new Apps popular with teens and the risks involved
- Resources to make you Social Media savvy parents
- How online behavior affects private school enrollment, college admissions, and sports recruiting
- Trends and the biggest concerns on private school campuses
- Question and Answer period to follow