The CDS facilities team and administrators have been working tirelessly throughout the summer to prepare our campuses for a safe reopening of school.
The CDS facilities team and administrators have been working tirelessly throughout the summer to prepare our campuses for a safe reopening of school. Here are just some of the changes for this year:
- Face masks and temperature checks required for everyone!
- 70+ new hand sanitizers are being installed in every classroom and in high-traffic areas. (Childcare licensing regulations do not permit use of hand sanitizer by students at the ECC.)
- Outdoor hand washing stations have been installed by the entrance to the Wagner Athletic Complex and at each of the lunch areas; a special station will also be installed by the ECC entrance
- Many classroom student tables have been replaced by desks; shared tables will have plexiglass separators
- Furniture layout in classrooms has been changed to maximize space for social distancing
- All water fountains have been turned off; bottle fillers are available.
- Our HVAC system is using the highest level of filters that can be accommodated and the air intake openings have been increased. Filters are being changed more often.
- New outdoor learning spaces have been created.
- The health suite has been expanded to add an isolation room
- Nearly 30% of our students will be attending school remotely, reducing the number of students on campus each day.