CDS Upper School's future health professionals were awarded bronze, silver, and gold at the 2020-2021 Suncoast West Winter Leadership Conference Virtual Awards Ceremony!
HOSA is an international student organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Science Education (HSE) Division of ACTE. HOSA's two-fold mission is to promote career opportunities in the health care industry and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people.
At Carrollwood Day School, the members of HOSA are not only developing leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies, but they are consistently upholding the goals that HOSA believes vital.
- To promote physical, mental, and social well-being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance of interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation, and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state, and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
Most recently, CDS HOSA members competed virtually in various subjects. We are proud to announce the following winners in each category. All of these students will be moving on to the state-level competition.
|Brooke R.||2nd||Behavioral Health|
|Kaidyn W.||1st||Healthy Lifestyle|
|Erin M.||2nd||Healthy Lifestyle|
|Suhani S.||2nd||Medical Law & Ethics|
|Mia S.||1st||Medical Spelling|
|Camila G.||2nd||Sports Medicine|
|Aditi K.||1st||Veterinary Science|
|Rachael W.||2nd||Veterinary Science|
|Bhuvi R.||2nd||Clinical Specialty|
|Simran S., Kareena D., Katie S. Sonya T.||1st||Community Awareness|
|Abigail A. & Alexa G.||3rd||Health Career Display|
|James C.||2nd||Health Career Photography|
|Rohan K., Dhillon P., Danyal H.||3rd||Public Service Announcement|
Congratulations to all of the HOSA students who competed and good luck to those moving on to states.
Thank you to CDS upper school science teacher and HOSA club faculty advisor, Kiran Vaswani-Sippy for encouraging and leading these students towards their goals in the medical field.