Middle School scientists receive honors at Hillsborough Regional STEM Fair.
At the 41st Annual Hillsborough Regional STEM Fair, which was virtual this year, students from Carrollwood Day School's middle school division received three special awards, one memorial award, one third-place award, and two second-place awards. One student was selected to represent Team Hillsborough and is moving onto the FL State STEM Fair!
We are so proud of these students!
Cash C. ('26): “Supercool Waters”
- Junior Chemistry 3rd Place
- The Nelda Mason Memorial Award
Bryce W. ('27): “Co-Track: COVID-19 Tracking Wristband”
- Junior Engineering 2nd Place
- The Broadcom Masters Inventor Award
- BAMA Manufacturing Award
- The Lemelson Early Inventor Prize
Swara P. ('27): “Innovative Approach to Terraforming Mars using Cyanobacteria”
- Junior Microbiology 2nd Place
- The Bristol-Myers Squibb Innovation Award
- Broadcom Masters Nominee
- 4 Tickets to Zoo Tampa
- Member of Team Hillsborough @ FL State STEM Fair
Thank you to Middle & Upper School STEM Sponsor, Carrie Prieto, for contributing this article and her dedication to sharing her passion for science and discovery with our students.