BrickmaniaTM LEGO® Contest
In addition to science, technology, engineering, and math based displays and hands-on activities for children of all ages, there will also be a LEGO® contest for interested students in kindergarten through grade 8.
The contest requires pre-registration by March 20th. Go to http://budurl.com/brickmania to register. Entrants need to build their projects at home and bring them for judging on the day of the event.
LEGO® Contest Rules
- Participants must use their own LEGO® construction bricks to build an original creation at home. Only LEGO® bricks can be used. No other materials are allowed.
- All creations must be original and created solely by the participant who it is registered under.
- Themed LEGO® construction kits are not eligible to win.
- Participants can submit up to two creations in their individual age division if they so desire. Each creation will require a $15 entry fee and registration form.
- Participates are not permitted help from adults, parents, or guardians.
- All registration forms must be submitted with payment by 6 pm, Tuesday, March 18th, 2014.
- All entries must have a BrickmaniaTM identity tag filled out when submitting creation the day of the event. These tags will be at the registration table that day.
- LEGO® creation viewing will be closed to the public Saturday, March 22, 2014 between 3:00 – 4:00pm for judging. During this time students can attend robotic demonstrations and activity tables.
- LEGO® creations cannot exceed 24x24x24 in size.
- Creations must be completely constructed at time of submission on the day of the event. No construction on site.
- Supporting bases are allowed. LEGO® building bricks/pieces may be reinforced with glue/adhesive for security if so desired.
- All participants are responsible for removing creations from Carrollwood Day School by the end of the event (4:30pm) on March 22, 2014. Carrollwood Day School, USF CARD, any event sponsors or agents are not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, destroyed, illegible, or incomplete entries. Carrollwood Day School, USF CARD, any event sponsors or agents are not responsible for any items lost, damaged, destroyed, left, or stolen on the property.
- Prizes and official recognition for the LEGO® creations will be awarded for the top three participants in each division.
- Contest judges reserve the right to remove and disqualify any creations that may display inappropriate material or subject matter. “Inappropriate” will be defined by the judges.
- All contest judges decisions are final!
- Bricks & Mortar drawing is a random drawing. Bricks & Mortar cards must be completed in full to be eligible.
- Carrollwood Day School, USF CARD, any event sponsors or agents are released of any and all liability that could result from participating in the contest, attending the event, or the awarding of the contest prizes.
- Photography and videography will be taken during the event for press release.
- BrickmaniaTM is not sponsored nor affiliated in any way with the LEGO® Corporation or any of its subsidiaries. LEGO® is the registered trademark of the LEGO® Group.
BrickmaniaTM is not sponsored nor affiliated in any way with the LEGO® Corporation or any of its subsidiaries.
LEGO® is the registered trademark of the LEGO® Group.