THE FOURTH ANNUAL
was held on Saturday, November 10, 2012!
Read about this great family event and check back for information about next year's Patriot Run!
Under beautiful blue skies, over 300 entrants crossed the finish line at the Fourth Annual Patriot Run on Saturday, November 10, 2012! We would like to thank all those who participated this year. Thanks to the generosity of our community and sponsors, this event raised more than $11,000 for Carrollwood Day School!
Click here to view a gallery of photos from this year's Patriot Run!
Also, a big thanks to the Booster Club for a wonderful breakfast and to the parent and student volunteers who marshaled the race, stuffed race bags and worked the Registration area and monitored the inflatables.
Congratulations to our Runners!
Congratulations to Jack Pironti, CDS 7th grader who was the leader of the pack at 19:14.52 and to Kate Kelly who was the first woman across the finish line with a time of 24:17.49! Congratulations to all who participated in this day of family fun and exercise!
Click here for top 3 runners for each age category.
Watch for information about the Fifth Annual Patriot Run/Walk at the Carrollwood Day School - Bearss Avenue Campus.
There was something for everyone. Here is a recap of the activities and events that were part of the 2012 Patriot Run!
- A 5K Run and Walk
- You can run to beat your best time or enjoy a great walk around our beautiful campus. There will be awards for the top male and female finishers overall and also for the top male and female finishers in several age categories. There will be childcare for children ages 2 through 10 available on the route during the 5K.
- Start Time 8:30 am.
- One Mile Fun Run
- This is great for parents to do with their children and it is excellent practice for the President’s Fitness Challenge which is part of CDS physical education. All children participating in this run will receive a medal.
- Start Time 9:30 am.
- Kids' Dash
- There will be short races for children ages 2 through 11. All children participating in the races will receive a medal.
- Start Time 10:00 am.
- Other Activities - beginning at 8:00 am
- Inflatable obstacle courses!
- Shopping at the Patriot Spirit Store!
- FREE PANCAKE BREAKFAST sponsored the CDS Booster Club for all participants and spectators!
- Test Drive a Lincoln! Drive Smart For Your School - Parks Lincoln of Tampa will be bringing a fleet of their most popular vehicles. They will donate $20 to CDS for each adult who signs a waiver and test drives a vehicle that morning! This is a wonderful opportunity to check out some great vehicles and earn some money for CDS! One test-drive per household.
- Be A Volunteer
There are lots of ways to share in the fun even if you don't participate in any of the races. Event day volunteers are needed as race marshals and to help with concessions, child care, activity booths, and monitoring the inflatable activities! Contact Teresa Matton by email or at 813.971.7515 to sign up to be a Patriot Run Volunteer!
Click here for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
If you would like more information about the event, please contact: