Fundraising at CDS
It is necessary for any class or group to submit an application in order to conduct any fundraising activities at Carrollwood Day School. The fundraiser application form must be downloaded and submitted to Donna Syron, Advancement Coordinator for Development. A committee consisting of administrators will review all requests and notify you if your request has been approved for the specified dates.
When you are planning a fundraiser, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- The fundraising committee must approve all fundraisers and drives. Even if the students just want to collect clothing, it is considered a fundraiser since we are asking parents/families for a donation.
- Fundraiser Request Forms are to be submitted to Donna Syron, Advancement Department.
- Request form must be received two weeks prior to date of fundraiser.
- Completed forms are sent to the Fundraising Committee on Monday afternoon.
- Decisions are to be made by end of day Wednesday.
- Notification, via email, by end of day Thursday to all fundraiser request contacts.
- The Fundraising Committee consists of principals, advancement department, and head of school.
- A CDS club or group must sponsor all fundraisers. No individual fundraising.
- Each group or club is allowed to sponsor one fundraiser per semester.
- Once you’ve been notified that “Your fundraiser is approved”…
- Marketing approval is required for any and all flyers, signage or handouts that you plan to use for your fundraiser. Please contact Mrs. Shannon Gauthier, Director of Marketing, for guidance and approval.
- If you would like to have this event publicized in the Thursday Folder, please contact Mrs. Erma Ruffkess for assistance.
- Upon completion of the fundraiser, the Student Club Fundraiser Reconciliation Form must be completed and returned to the Advancement Department.
These guidelines are in place to streamline the process to achieve maximum success for each group.
Again, if for any reason we are asking parents for any money whatsoever, an application must be completed and returned. You may download the application or obtain an application from Donna Syron (P 813.920.2288). Thank you for your cooperation and support of this policy.
Contact Donna Syron or call 813.920.2288.